After many requests to create checklists for the other One Suitcase features – I spent last night catching up with my good friend Tivo (Project Runway & Grey’s Anatomy!) while polyvoring a checklist graphic for the One Suitcase Business Casual! Without further ado –
One Suitcase Business Casual Checklist:
If you’d like to visit the original posts with me wearing the outfits:
- Introduction to One Suitcase & 14 Clothing Pieces
- Outfits 1-5
- Outfits 6-10
- Outfits 11-15
- Outfits 16-20
- Outfits 21-25
- Outfits 26-30
- Final post with big image of all the outfits
And finally how I constructed the checklist & individual pieces with links:
1. Basics – First I pick some basics pieces to lay the foundation for the trip. I try to pick my favorite go-to clothes. Clothes I know I wear over and over. The ones that go with almost everything. For me, this usually involves laying out my black work pants, my favorite jeans and a pair of super comfy flats.
For this capsule wardrobe I have chosen my black three piece suit (skirt, pants & jacket), grey sheath dress, favorite dark jeans, white button down shirt and a black ruffled tank top.
2. Interest – Second, I add a few interesting pieces to compliment the subtle basics. I look for pops of color or fun patterns that will make the basic pieces more exciting. I try to grab items that will compliment each other or at least be somewhat in the same color scheme. For me, I’d usually go for a striped top, a dress, few colored cardigans and an interesting blouse that would go with both cardigans.
For this capsule wardrobe I chose a print wrap dress, polka-dot pencil skirt, tie-neck blouse, pink t-shirt, striped shirt and two colored cardigans.
3. Accessories & Shoes – Finally, I add some accessories to complete the outfits. Jewelry, belts and scarves take up very little room and can dramatically alter how an outfit looks. Unfortunately, shoes is the area I still struggle with. I always want to bring just one more pair. But I’ve learned to limit myself to only either blacks or browns (depending on my clothes) and then nude/beige shoes go with everything.
For this capsule wardrobe I chose three necklaces, one gold watch, black belt, black pumps and nude flats.