I did some shopping before I left on vacation. I bought this dress from H&M and these boots with my last lingering credit from my cancelled ShoeMint subscription. (I joined ShoeMint for a year and while it was a fun idea to get a new pair of shoes each month – I don’t need/like new shoes that often. So after a year – I ended my subscription.) I only own brown boots so I’ve been on the lookout for black ones for awhile now.
I also made a quick stop at Target right before I left and picked up the following items:
- Merona Tailored Ankle Pant – 2 pairs, 1 Black & 1 Grey (needed to buy size bigger pant from the ones I already own because I can’t seem to lose a few stubborn pounds to fit into my regular ones – ugh)
- Mossimo Printed Tunic Top – Green (love love love – will be in upcoming One Suitcase post)
- Mossimo Leather Trim Cap Sleeved Dress (date night dress?)
- Philip Lim Grey Satchel (fun work bag)
I rarely, rarely return anything I buy. It is just too much effort to find the time to get myself back to the same stores and wait in line to get a refund on things I just bought. Instead, I try my hardest to get it purchases right the first time and only bring home things that I really love and fit correctly. That said – I was in a rush when I went shopping at Target – and I bought two tops that both fit great but they’ve been sitting waiting around waiting to be worn since I got them. I keep choosing other things to wear instead of them. Not a good sign for brand new clothes. So, while I think they are really cute, they just don’t seem to be ‘me’ or fit into my life and I’m going to have to bite the bullet and take them back.
- Mossimo Faux leather print top (Think this a really cool top. I’m just not cool enough to wear it.)
- Mossimo Short Sleeved Plaid Sweater (My husband call this a Bill Cosby sweater – think that’s what started my eh feelings about it.)