Why are guys so hard to shop for? I struggle finding gifts for the men in my life – my husband (who has everything), my dad (who never ‘wants’ anything) and my grandpa (what do you get octogenarians??). Although my brothers aren’t too bad because they are outdoorsy/gadget lovers who always need new clothes. 🙂 But here’s a pretty random list of some ideas I have around what to get guys – hopefully it will spark some ideas for you! (Or if you any any super great suggestions – please let me know!!)
- The Manual to Manhood – Bought this book as a silly gift for my youngest brother. It says, “How to Cook the Perfect Steak, Change a Tire, Impress a Girl & 97 Other Skills You Need to Survive”
- Fitbit Alta – New Year’s resolutions are just around the corner and activity bands are a fun way to keep in touch and compete on daily steps or weekly challenges with your friends.
- Destinations of a Lifetime – 225 of the World’s Most Amazing Places. Hubby and I love to travel and it’s so fun to dream about where we should go on our next trip. And amazing NatGeo photos help those dreams!
- Bose Bluetooth Speaker – For my 5 year work anniversary I got to pick out a ‘gift’ from my company’s online site. I chose this speaker and it’s been great for listening to music & podcasts. I like it so much I’m buying one for my brother this year.
- Camping Hammock – I’ve seen these easy-up hammocks pop up all over the place in the past few years. Camping, a group of people at the park in a trio of trees, students studying on campus… all over the place. They pack up light and tiny. Great for your on the move outdoorsy type.
- Cell phone dry bag – Sticking with gifts for the outdoorsy types – these bags are great for all types of phones plus keys and some cash when you’re on the water, at the beach or otherwise risking your phone from a dip in the water.
- Quadcopter Drone – I bought a drone from my husband’s birthday last January and he loves the thing. It’s really cool to fly it high above the house or beach and take aerial photographs from a perspective you don’t typically see. Or to chase the dog. Whichever.
- Wireless outdoor & pool thermometer – This is a little specific but my husbands starts checking the outdoor and pool temperature multiple times a day in early spring. He can’t wait for the water to warm up enough for that first swim. So I bought him this set so he can easily monitor the outdoor & pool temperatures without having to go outside and fish the floating thermometer out of the water.
- Hand crank radio & cell phone charger – Again this is a little specific but we had a bunch of hurricanes this year and we lost power for a few days. The most annoying part (because we were very lucky and had no damage) was worrying about keeping our phones charged. This little guy is a hand powered (or solar) radio/flashlight/cellphone charger all in one! Great for boats and camping too!
- RFID blocking wallet – I don’t know that the risk of data being snagged from your wallet via RFID is all that big of a deal. But having a wallet that blocks it sounds cool and James Bond-y. So why not?
- Amazon Echo – I got one of these for my birthday along with a Philips Hue light starter kit. I set it up in the living room (only sorta excited about it) and hooked up the living room lights to it. It has been really fun walking into the room and saying, “Alexa turn on Living Room Lights” and have the room light up or “Alexa order Dominos” and pizza arrives or “Alexa play fun Christmas Music” and hear sounds of the holidays. I’ve really grown to like having it around!
- Bocce Ball set – Super fun game to play with 2-4 people. My parents have a set and picking one up for our household.
Previous Gift Guides: