While I’ve been complaining a lot about feeling like I have nothing to wear – looking at my ‘fits me postpartum’ section of my closet – I’ve actually made quite a few purchases over the past 3.5 months. I decided to round them all up and share them with you guys.
Putting them all together in a graphic shows me that while I have done some shopping for stuff to fit me at my current size – it’s been mostly for very casual clothing. Which makes sense because for the first three months after baby I was home getting barfed on and not headed into an office.
Here’s a rundown of things that I bought:
1. Tops that flow away from my mid-section –
I have a bunch of maternity tops that I wore while I was pregnant and they had great details like ties & ruching for showing off the bump. But postpartum, I still have a 4 month bump and no longer want to emphasize it. So I’ve slowly been picking up a series of tops that have leeway around the midsection.
- Blue plaid button down shirt – Old Navy
- Peasant top – Mossimo from Target
- Pink striped tunic – Old Navy
- Chambray shirt – Old Navy
- Floral crepe shell – Target
2. Non-maternity jeans –
About a month in the full belly coverage maternity pants all started moving around on me because I was no longer pregnant. But my ‘normal’ sized jeans are still just a tiny dream to being worn. So I bought three pairs of pants at Target to hold me over during this middle sized phase.
- White jeans (cropped leg) – Denizen from Target
- Bootcut jeans – Denizen Target
- Skinny jeans – Denizen Target
3. Easy dresses –
Found a boho trapeze shaped dress at Target and bought it in an XL. I basically started living in it because I love it so much. So I went online and bought it in blue floral as well. Love love love.
- Purple print boho dress – Mossimo Target
- Blue floral boho dress – Mossimo Target
4. Vacation clothes –
My last week of maternity leave we went on vacation to the Bahamas. All my normal beach gear was so tight. I decided to treat myself and buy a maxi dress and fun tunic from Lilly Pulitzer so I would have festive things I felt good in while celebrating my last week of time off.
- Pink ‘Villa’ floral v-neck maxi – Lilly Pulitzer
- Teal ‘Captiva’ tunic coverup – Lilly Pulitzer
5. Pencil skirt –
Really missing my work skirts. Bit the bullet and bought a pencil skirt from Loft in a fun frond pattern.
- Burgundy frond pencil skirt – Loft
6. Fancy diaper bags –
Because this kid and all her assorted supplies will be getting hauled around with me for the next 18 years or so – I decided to splurge on the fancy pants diaper bags. (Yay for being stylish while cleaning up a diaper blowout!) I bought the small and large sized nylon Marc Jacobs bag in a green color so that it (hopefully) won’t show dirt/wear and will go with both black and brown. (The color is called ‘dirty martini’ – um, awesome!) I use the smaller one for short trips & errands and tuck the small one inside the larger one for being out of the house all day or overnight.
- Preppy Nylon Natasha Duffle Bag (Smaller) – Marc Jacobs
- Preppy Nylon Elizababy Shoulder Bag (Larger) – Marc Jacobs