Random post today – How I shop for a specific item:
The item that spurred this post is my current hunt for a pair of snakeskin pumps. I have a bunch of cute Pinterest outfits saved that have snakeskin shoes but when I’ve tried to recreate them with the leopard flats I currently have – they just haven’t looked as good.
So I have ‘snakeskin pumps’ on my mental list of things I’d like to add to my wardrobe. I thought I’d share one of the methods I use when I’m interested in searching for and buying a wishlist items. Read on for the steps below!
(This is not a sponsored post. This is one of the ways I actually shop for things. But because I do all my blog links through ShopStyle I do get a bonus if you download the app using my link.)
1. Open ShopStyle App on my phone
2. Type in “Snake” into the search bar. (Trying to keep the search general so I will get the most results.)
4. In the Refine menu – choose “Women” > “Shoes” > “Pumps.” (Many times I will also reduce the price, store and color in this menu.) Hit “Apply.”
5. Hit “Sort” and then have results returned by “Lowest Price” so I can see the less expensive options first!
6. Scroll through the results clicking the heart on any pair that I think are cute and a reasonable price.
7. Go to the “Favorites” menu (bottom center button) and decide between the pairs I’ve tagged which ones are my top few favorites.
8. Click into my top few favorites and use the “Sale Alert” button to send me an email when they are discounted. (In this case I can see that they are already on sale – so I can use the Buy Now button if I’m ready to pull the trigger.)
I like using this app because it consolidates a gazillion stores into one searchable location. Sorta like Kayak does for airline tickets. And since there is no way I can keep up with all the off and on sales that stores have every other week – getting the automatic notification when the one specific thing I want is on sale is super helpful.
So now the hard part is my deciding between all the cute pairs of pumps I found!
(The ShopStyle app can be download here.)