Wore this outfit last weekend. It was my husband’s birthday so we got a babysitter (my brother home for the holidays from Australia) and went to see Star Wars and then watch some football at a restaurant/bar. Easy casual date night.
Looking at the calendar it’s about to get extra really busy around these parts!
- Today – Flying to Tennessee with Skylar to visit my bestie for 5 days! (Working remotely from her
evil genius lairuniversity professor office.)
- January 21st – Skylar turns 1! Easy family dinner at our house.
- Week of January 25th – Fly to Ohio for client workshop
- Week of February 1st – Fly to Texas for work conference
- Week of February 8th – Going skiing in Breckenridge for six days with hubby & 5 other couples. (2nd time ever going skiing and first time ever going on a group vacation!)
- Weekend of February 20th – Big Junior League event that I’ve been working on all year.
Phew. Little tired just typing all that out! Going to try my best to take pictures of all the outfits I pack for each trip and queue them up into posts so that this blog doesn’t go totally dark for a month. Fingers crossed! 🙂
FITNESS FRIDAY – Week 2 Update
(Click here for previous updates)
1. Exercise Plan – (Goal: 6x a week)
Not a great second week. Started out strong on Sunday but then the little human came down with an ear infection which meant very little sleep for either of us. And my ability to function in my normal life and my motivation to add an hour of exercise to my day both fell apart. Poor little girl. Feel so bad for her when she’s hurting.
- Sunday – Great workout at the stadium. Really pushed myself and felt great.
- Monday – No sleep. Dead tired.
- Tuesday – Tired plus long day at work & Junior League meeting in the evening.
- Wednesday -Tired.
- Thursday – Elliptical at the gym.
- Friday – Will be traveling to Memphis after work. Don’t have enough sleep to get up at 5:00 AM to squeeze workout in before work. Going to try to be really active and eat yummy healthy food while with bestie.
2. Food Plan – (Goal: track all food)
Successful food tracking week. Every thing that went in my mouth got tracked into myFitnessPal. Managed to stay on track with food even though takeout would have been lovely a few nights when I was exhausted.
3. Weekly Weigh-In – (Goal: 13.6 lbs. to get back to pre-pregnancy weight)
Went up 1.6 lbs. Seems about right for the lack of sleep and amount of effort I put in.
- Weight change this week: +1.6 (gain)
- Weight loss to date: -2.6
- Goal Remain: 12 lbs to go.
I know that have less control over my time & sleep with the unexpected happenings of a baby around. So I will just have to accept that this (or a huge project at work or something else of similar importance) might derail my efforts occasionally. All I can do with a less then successful week like this is dust myself off and try again next week.
If you want to share your own New Year’s resolution progress or just a fun outfit – link up below. 🙂